Editorial Content Guidelines
COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION LIVING DIGITAL MAGAZINE
Content Guidelines for Authors
Our primary audience is our chapter membership living in the greater Austin area - homeowners, HOA board directors, professional community managers, and the business partners supporting them: landscapers, attorneys, banks, etc. Our magazine is distributed strictly via email and displayed in a digital format.
If you are considering submitting an article for publication in Community Association LIVING, here are some guidelines that will assist you.
- We expect writers to double-check all facts in their stories and to submit documentation to support the information included in their articles.
- Please note that it is the applicant’s responsibility to obtain proper information and permissions for any material held in copyright—photographic and written.
- Please, no self-promotion in your articles; your company name cannot be mentioned in the text of the article (It can, however, be mentioned in your credits at the end).
- CAI Austin reserves the right to edit all materials.
- Feature articles can run between 750-3,000 words. You may request a copy of our Editorial Calendar for a description of the themes for upcoming issues.
- Manuscripts must be submitted electronically, preferably in Microsoft Word format. The author’s name, address, phone number or email address, date of submission, and the approximate word count of the material should appear on the first page of the manuscript.
- Graphics must be submitted electronically in any common format, but jpg, pdf, eps and png are preferred. Resolution must be at least 300 dpi.
We also require a signed copy of our License to Publish agreement; click here to electronically sign our "License to Publish" agreement